21 October 2009

One of my family generations in Tanjung Balai Karimun Island, Indonesia

Karimun Island is an island where my beloved grandparents lived in.

It is a small island, located just off the east coast of Sumatra, guarding the southern entrance of the busy Straits of Malacca. It lies west of Batam and to the southwest of Singapore and is the furthest west of the Riau Islands.  This island is found in the Riau Islands province of Indonesia. It is also the name of a group of islands and regency (kabupaten) to which it belongs.




Map of Karimun Island in Riau Archipelago (Indonesia)

Coming on way soon, I'm planning to set up a family tree to indicate the origin(s) of our family members. It includes which countries my family members are born in. I guess this must be good for my future family generation(s) to see, know and explore our real origins. It would set a good example for my future family members to follow my footsteps in doing/updating the family tree. : )

No comments: