06 October 2009

SMS ‘71222’ to book a taxi

Dear my deaf and hard-of-hearing friends,

I would like to share with you about my true story, how to book a taxi in Singapore.

Last month, I was working in my office to handle horticulture / environmental matters. Before departing for meetings/seminars outside, I had to get a taxi to travel. As I was born deaf, I had to rely on my collegue to make a call for a taxi booking. During that time, I was feeling abit frustrated as this could consume some of my precious working time. In addition, I did not want to be “spoon-fed” as I would wish to be fully independent.

So, I came up with an idea to sort out this problem. Surfing on the internet, I found the website, which could allow me to SMS 71222 to book a taxi. It is actually free of charge! I have tried out doing this SMS. This really worked for me!

Let’s say in your sms: Send “Book postal code pick-up point” to 71222.

For example: Book 109918 Keppel Club

In about 10 to 30 seconds, a message came in my handphone inbox. It said “Citycab Toyota Crown taxi 8734 with a booking fee of $3.50 will arrive in 5 to 7 mins. Pls proceed to your pickup point. Thank you for using Comfort & Citycab” I was delighted upon seeing this fast response in my hp.

In few minutes’ time, a specific taxi with correct plate number (8734) arrived at my workplace at a great convenience!!! This brought such a relief to me. = ) Thanks to ComfortDelgro for its wonderful SMS Booking service. Please refer to http://www.comfortdelgro.com.sg/files/press/attachment/216.pdf for more details. Let’s try one for yourself if you would like to book a taxi. Cheers!

No comments: